- It connects you to the Zentangle universe that exists beyond blogs. You'll meet so many gifted artists that you may have never seen online, including lots of Certified Zentangle Teachers (CZTs).
- Everyone--Maria, Rick, the Diva and all your favorite tanglers--meets up in ONE place. No need to visit different websites to stay connected.
- This social media is supportive and appreciative. You can "appreciate" artists and receive notifications when they've posted new tiles. You can appreciate tiles, as well, and, by doing so, create your personal mosaics, à la Pinterest boards. You can leave comments, too. You can search in so many helpful ways: by pattern, by medium, by artist, by geographic area, by style, by subject (for example, Diva challenges).....
- If you're using the Primer, you can post your work for the exercises in each chapter and see what others did. It's like being in a global classroom!
- Zentangle HQ posts regular tips to take you further in your journey.
A few days ago, Maria posted a tip that encouraged us to use graphite, or, as she calls it, "the new black". I elected to use graphite for my Joey tile. I used my favorite pencil--an old number 2 pencil that I found when I was teaching middle school. (I was always on the look out for wayward pencils to replenish the pencil bucket in my classroom!) I don't know what it is, but this pencil feels sooooo good in my hand, and is soft enough to melt into the paper when I blend it, without getting muddy. Do you have a favorite pencil, or pen? Or perhaps an "unofficial" Zentangle tool?
Thank you, Maria! Thank you, favorite pencil! And thank all of you for stopping by! See you next week!