Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Oops! I did it again!

Once again, I've left my post unattended! Once again, I've overdone the drawing, hiking, reading, and gardening and had to  s l o w  down! I'm now on a "baby steps" approach to my activities, since sitting around idle doesn't seem to work for me! Small spurts of all the things I mentioned above allow me to stay sane. Sadly, I haven't found a way to teach in small spurts, so I have put my classes on hold for now. I am grateful for my students' thoughtfulness, support, and understanding.

And in that mindset, I am also grateful for Mindful Arts Studio, and the 12-day Inchie Challenge I undertook in August. Every day brought a new prompt.  Once I had my coffee and supplies set up,I set my 5-minute timer and began to make art. I especially appreciated having a small travel box of watercolors to work with, and find that I enjoy using these now on a regular basis. A new tool! As you can see, most of my inchies incorporate some Zentangle. (If you're not familiar with inchies, they are simply a small square. Mine were 2 x 2 inches.) Thanks, Amy, for inspiring me to grow and try new things! I thoroughly enjoyed this project!  And for those of you who are always looking for a new rabbit hole, I highly recommend Amy's Slow Drawing and Painting Parties! You will give yourself a relaxing hour of art exploration in a judgement-free zone. What could be better?














How about you? Have you had any "micro-bursts" of creative joy?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!