Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

InkTober!

Happy November! We are having a glorious fall here in North Carolina, and the gratitude for the beauty of the sky, the leaves, the birdsong, is palpable!

This unassuming seedling stops me in my tracks every morning, as I admire the light passing through its leaves.

I finished my InkTober pages in my journal. As I mentioned earlier, knowing how to choose colors and then shade appropriately, was a challenge in itself. Several days, I thought, "I totally understand why we use black ink on a white background." I had a full bag of pens, pencils, and markers on my table. The color palette kept growing, as the tools cried out, "Pick me! Pick me!" Whew! Such a challenge:)


Ta-da!


My overflowing tool bag, with its "cast of thousands"


I made a "note to self" relating to last week's post on gratitude. I enjoy making and then seeing these around me as I wake up in the morning, enjoy my coffee, and think about the day ahead.



My beloved Lar and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary on November 1. Our plans--seeing the Mucha exhibition at the NCMA and the documentary on Jacques Cousteau--had to change. In typical JL fashion, we adapted and simply enjoyed the time we had together. I believe, like our initials, we are a good fit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!