Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Thank you for your patience

If anyone is still clicking on this, thank you for your patience! I see that my last post was over a month ago. That may be a personal record, and not a personal best! What happened? Lots of art, followed by 2 weeks of nothing much while we went to visit family for a week. In fact, at one point before that, I was so busy creating things that I didn't want to take creative time to blog. But, I know that this place is one of inspiration and motivation for me. It's good to be back. This post will definitely be a messy one, but you have to make a mess to put things in order, don't you? I will spare you the messiness and incompletion of my work, and hope to give you something of interest.

February Art Journal

February 4-10, 2024


My theme was "Portraits and Collage". I used some Zentangle patterns on the first 2 days and then decided to stop. I love the spread, and how I felt making it. They images told me a story as the characters in the Portraits came to life. My favorite project so far this year.




February 12-17. 2024

My theme was a distress ink background with 3D ink on top, in the Trencadis pattern. By Friday, I left off  the 3D ink tangling and just played with stamping and stenciling. Not thrilled with any of it, I'm happy that I finished the week!





February 18-20, 2024

I ordered some rice paper to use for Collage and junk journaling, and decided to try painting and drawing on it. (Because of its bumpy texture, you really have to slow down. Relaxing.) I do want to do more. 


I used a white glaze pen on white rice paper in my junk journal as an overlay page. I like it, but you can't really see it in my photographs, so I'll leave it to your imagination! Or better yet, have a go at it yourself!

Since junk journal has taken up some time lately, I'll close with a picture of the cover of my February junk journal. There's a small photograph with rice paper decoupaged on top.


Thank you for your patience.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!