Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Oh, nooooooo! (See it grow: Week 4)

"Oh, nooooooo!" I cried out from my studio. After 28 days of working on my fan piece, I had done the unexpected, the unthinkable.
This is my 325th blog post. If you've been with me for a while, you know that one of the pillars of the Zentangle Method is "No mistakes". You know that I make mistakes, and I work around, over, under them and it's okay. But this mistake....
I stared at the ink squiggle in the white space of my art, and then, wiped my hand over it--as if to brush it off!--and smeared it. Yes. For some reason, I had continued the inking on my small drawing table rather than the card table I've been using. I mistook that white surface for the blotter paper that covers the small surface and gives me a place to clean my pen. I cleaned my pen on the artwork. And then smeared it.


The scene of the crime


The victim (The squiggle is in the upper right hand corner.)


The fragments (A Fragment of Your Imagination Challenge, 2023)

This mishap has certainly not bolstered my confidence. I have no idea where we'll go from here. But after it happened, I pulled out my colored pencils and started bringing those pansy blooms and peonies I see to life. For now, I'll stay on that path, cajoling things out of the background, sculpting with my pen and pencils. When the time comes, we'll get to the squiggle and see how it all fits in.

Here are some other, less scary, tiles from this week:


This was fun!


A tealight for a dear friend

What horrors have befallen you in your art? How did you deal with it? What would you do with the squiggle?



2 comments:

  1. can't see it! But if it where I think it might be, the start of some flowers/vines. Lovely work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lou! Yes, flowers and vines are always a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!