Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Trust the Process and See it Grow: Week 1

Inspired by last month's large piece for the 12 Days of Zentangle Project, I've embarked on an 11 x 15 inch project using the prompts from the Fragment of Your Imagination Challenge 2023.  (There is a lovely FREE handout that you can download. Thanks to Debbie New in Singapore and Ildica Boyd in New Zealand for so generously putting this together for the Zentangle community.) Every day, there is a new little fragment to use, like little tesserae in Roman mosaics, but in ink! We are using square shapes, orbs, triangles and seed shapes. I'm not using all the suggested fragments, and I'm going out of order, but it's Zentangle, right? No mistakes. Here's my work in progress for this week:



The beginning of my fan


Day 2


Day 3

As you can see, after three days, I had covered a good bit of space. Rather than continue, I chose to put it aside for a week to come back to it with fresh eyes. Wanting to continue with the fragments, I found other uses.


These are all the Week 1 fragments in my sketchbook with
the names of their origins.


I used three of the triangular fragments for this week's 
cards for our friends at Meals on Wheels.

As with any of my art, I don't have a plan, other than filling in a fan shape with these fragments. Check back next week for a look at what has transpired!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!