Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Monday, January 10, 2022

A Promising Beginning

Today is January 10, and I feel that the year is off to a promising (st)art. We had snow last Monday, without the peril and mess! It only snowed for a few hours, and then quickly melted, but it was a gorgeous sight! I love how snow purifies and muffles everything.


Someone stole my seat for watching the snow

With the cold, wet days, the neighborhood cat and I have been staying inside a lot, which means that I spend more time "arting" about. I really wanted some warm backgrounds to tangle on, and my paintbox had gotten a bit muddied up, so I took time to clean it up and make some tiles. I can't wait to use the red one!


Have you heard about the Fragment of Your Imagination Challenge from 7F5R Studio? Every day during the month of January, there is a different fragment suggested for creating your art. In addition to the usual square, triangular and round fragments, they have included some seed shapes. There is a gorgeous, free 20-page PDF to guide you along. Here's my first week:


I made my first mandala with Zen.Linea's Mandala Builder. I had always used templates that others drew. Making my own was a fun experience. I used a distress ink tile, and added some watercolor at the end. I always love mandalas, and the repetition--and relaxation. I included some of the seed fragments from the 7F5R Challenge.

I finished my vision board for 2022. This project included all my favs: reflecting, journaling, calligraphy, painting watercolor washes and tangling! I used the new gray Micron pens to soften the pattern work. Now I just have to wait for the frame to arrive!


10.5 x 10.5 inch Opus tile

I hope your year is off to a great start!




1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!