Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Fits and Starts

Monday was Art Day! A day of play, exploring, learning, trying and failing and trying again! I like to have a day every week for this, but it doesn't often happen. Honestly, I get caught up in producing something I can use here, even it's not something I love. Monday I spent several hours messing around. I wanted to try the embossing ink as a resist. I came to the conclusion that I am resistant to resists! (Embossing ink on paper is supposed to resist any water based color.) Sigh. I had several 3 x 4 inch pieces of heavy cardstock, so I decided to just keep trying different techniques. I drew, stenciled and stamped with the stuff, with disappointing results. But my goal was to try new things, so I succeeded! Here's one piece I managed to use for a collage:



Here's another, in a larger format. The embossing doesn't really show.


4x6 inches

This piece was inspired by a Mother's Day card tutorial on The Graphics Fairy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!