Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Mini File Folder Art Journal

In my junk journaling journey, I've discovered mini file folders. Think file folder for 3 x 5 index cards. After watching some tutorials this week, I embarked on making them into a new art journal. They allow me to pursue the junk journal techniques I'm learning--making pockets, "belly bands", tucks, tags, tabs, collages, etc.--and to use my own art rather than the pre-made kits. This journal began with some printed mini file folders from The Graphics Fairy. The theme is Madam Butterfly. There are 5 folders, so 20 pages.  (I love the feel of this journal in my hands. It has a high holdability score!)

NB: Some people wonder what you do with these little journals. I wonder, too, sometimes. I have different handmade journals from years past. They sit together in a cubby of my dad's--now my writing desk. Sometimes I take them out and enjoy seeing what I've done. I don't have a lot of wall space, and don't like a lot of clutter. These little journals feel manageable and organized.

Here are the first 5 pages. 





2 pockets with one collage card in the larger one.


A collage pocket with a journal page tucked inside


A collage pocket with a collage and Zentangle card inside



My art work before the collage and distressing


Zentangle and collage card that flips open



Zentangle background


Collage card and belly band


One last picture of some 3D mini folders I made this week to stash some collage elements on my desk. They fit nicely into a repurposed decorated cracker box.


Happy and joyful creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!