Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Diva Challenge #360: Tripoli and Shattuck

It's Wednesday, and I'm ready to post! That doesn't happen often! With a fairly busy end of the week, I took to my art journal this morning after prepping a page titled "Emerge" yesterday. If you saw my post last week, you may recall that I've been trying to incorporate more Zentangle into my art journal.
Last night I returned to my small handmade 3.5 journal to play with Tripoli and Shattuck, two of my favorites, and some Koi watercolor pens.


This morning, on to the big journal. I did the tangling before I knew if I would use "emerge", which seemed tricky. Once finished, I looked for a quote. The quote inspired the addition of color, which, for me, brought it all together.


"I'm very representational some of the time, and a little all of the time. 
But when you're painting out of your unconscious, figures are bound to emerge."
-Jackson Pollock

I like this. Here are some other pieces leading up to it.





"I am neither of the east nor of the west. No boundary exists within my breast."--Rumi


Inspired by creationsceecee video



Started with a giant bleed-through, ended with Zendalas! (Templates from Zendala Dare)

Thanks for your time. Have a lovely week!





6 comments:

  1. I love your shattuck/tripoli tiles.... the hint of colour is perfect for your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, all of them.
    My faves are the one with Dewd (looks a bit like a butterfly - very special) but also both tiles for the Diva are gorgeous, two total different entries but both are beautiful designed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, these poetry pages are terrific! Such a pretty bleed through page of zendalas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journal pages❤ The butterfly Dewd page is super fun. The Ceecee inspired page is lovely and my fave is that bleed through page. I love them all 😍

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!