Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!


It's hard to believe, but in less than 2 hours it will be November 1st. Here in Chapel Hill, we are in the middle of a severe storm which cut short our children's Halloween fun. Our neighborhood managed to have its traditional parade, followed by the trick or treating from house to house. By 6:45, the  wind and lightning made it feel really scary, and everyone went back home. 
As the windspeed increased, my eyes were focused on the Monarch butterflies that I so love. I used my best telepathic skills to warn them to take shelter from the coming storm. This year I've seen the most ever. I hope that's a good sign for these delicate creatures that cross two continents every year in their migration. They bring me so much joy!


With Halloween we tanglers celebrate the final day of InkTober. I started this challenge in my hand-made journal, missed a few days, and started again on a recycled cereal box. I enjoyed working in a larger format and seeing it all come together. Thank you, Stephanie Jennifer, for giving us this year's list of tangles!


How was your October?

1 comment:

  1. How wonderfull to see those beautiful Monarch butterflies in reality. Me too hope that it is a good sign to have seen them with so many... I never saw them in reality and unfortunately I saw very few butterflies in Belgium this summer.
    Congratulations with your absolute gorgeous work for Inktober, I love the stunning composition you have created for this occasion!!!
    I didn't find the time to draw every day for Inktober but enjoyed this beautiful autumn month very mutch. At the moment, the weather changed completely in Belgium: rain and wind but the best time to make it cosy in the home and make time for our hobby's...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!