Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Bits and bobs

Freed space. That is what snow days feel like to me*. A sudden gift of space and time that forces us to slow down and use less energy. Today is one of those days, and like my 5-year old self, I got up before sunrise in joyful anticipation. Eyes glued to my "nature TV window" in my office, I savored the dark silence, with small patches of lighter grays where neighbors roofs sported a dusting of snow. Slowly, the grays lightened, and I could just make out the falling snowflakes. Such a gift.

This week, my tangling included some "wanna try" ideas.


@HappyFlamingo has been posting "zebra leaves" on the Mosaic app.
She inspired me to give it a go, and to add some "Sticks" and "Crazy Cubine".
I wasn't expecting much, but like how it turned out!


Looking for a deeper color, I pulled out my gouaches. I added "Hollis" in gold.
Look carefully. The center is actually raised from the paper, by using the embossing/repousse technique from the 12 Days of Zentangle.


A birthday card and tile for a friend


FYIC2022 (Fragment of Your Imagination Challenge from 7F5R Studio)
This reminds me of my mom and her treasured petit four cakes!


*And I am grateful for warmth, shelter, food, electricity, and running water, for having nowhere to go. I am mindful that snow can be life-threatening to others. I hope that you, too, are warm and sheltered and safe with time to enjoy the space.






3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I woke up this morning to see nothing but white out our windows, and I, too, felt extremely grateful to be comfortably warm, fed, and sheltered. Happy cocooning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!