Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Creativity and gratitude in all things

What is creativity to you? I wonder if you cooked for the holidays, and thought about what you were creating, not just what you were cooking. Or maybe you set a beautiful table. Or created a welcoming space. Or made a great playlist of holiday songs. I love how creativity and gratitude abound this time of year. What a gift they are, not just now, but, potentially in every day we live.

I thought about this while preparing for our Thanksgiving meal this week. I felt frustrated at first. Oh, no! I didn't do any art today! But quickly I saw that these days were packed with creative acts that empowered me as an artist. A pinch of this, a dash of that. This color next to that color. And I really didn't make anything fancy. But I was mindful about what I did make. That felt wonderful and transformed the work from a necessary chore to a creative joy which, as in our Zentangle practice, always began with gratitude for the ingredients and tools and people connected with them, and appreciation.

For this, I am grateful.


I did enjoy making these distress ink tiles at the beginning of the week.



I also completed another faux eco-dyed tile.


Yesterday, I relaxed with a YouTube video from lovelygiraffetangle, who calls this "Fragments Building".  I needed a long, high-focus lesson. It took me about 4 hours to finish it, but the repetitive and grid-like structure made for a lesson that was easy to follow. I may try to create a fragment building of my own!


How's your creativity doing?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!