Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Saying yes

Self-doubt and fear have occasionally led me away from new experiences and challenges. I'm not good enough. I'm not ... enough. Overcoming fear has appeared on many a new year's resolutions list in my adult life. Remarkably, for me, last week focused a lot on saying yes. You can see this in last week's art. I replied "Yes" to an email to say that I would participate in our neighborhood's yard sale on July 15th. Surprised to feel energized by my choice, I started preparing things to sell. I have never sold any of my art. I've given away what I haven't kept, to our Meals on Wheels clients, the Little Free Art Gallery in Carrboro, the West Carrboro Minim Art, friends, family, random recipients....I still have pieces that I no longer have room for, but they don't feel destined for the above. Several friends have suggested that I sell my wares, so I'm saying yes!

Here's what's ready as of today:

Matted originals
These are all framed greeting cards with original art.






And in my journal this week:



I'm pleased with what what I have so far and will keep you posted about new additions!

What can you say yes to in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!