Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

"Perfect Days" in my Art Journal

In last Wednesday's post, I omitted the picture of a piece I had completed for the Certified Zentangle Teacher master class. The class, "Undersea Pearl Garden" by Theresa Marshall, featured a new-to-me pattern, Infinity and lots of layers of shading. The background, a tan Zendala tile, invites us to use every tool in our box to shade, deepen and highlight. (This is true for all "mid tint" papers, be they gray, sage, tan, or any other "in between" color.) 



Thursday night, Lar and I went to see the Wim Wenders film, "Perfect Days". I mention it here because it truly influenced my thoughts and creations for several days. One of the central tenets of the film is komorebi, a Japanese word that, loosely translated, means "the leaking of sunlight through the leaves onto the ground", or "the play of light on the leaves in a forest". I'm sure we've all enjoyed this phenomenon. The use of it in "Perfect Days" brought to mind so many thoughts about impermanence. The shadow play of leaves is unique and fleeting, sort of like snowflakes. My  art journal entries were very basic, with quotes.


And finally, just for fun, a paper doll collage I put together with digitally downloaded elements from an Etsy shop, byJLeeLoo. I embellished it a little.


Happy Spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!