Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Joey's Weekly Challenge: W2

When I learned W2, it created a bit of turmoil in our class! It was the last tangle of the lesson, and some of us could not find that rhythm of the over / under. So I had some trepidation about using it again when I saw Joey's challenge! I reviewed my notes, practiced so I could find a way that "worked" for me. I thought about how I might teach it to someone. After all, if you really want to learn something, teach it, right? Once I was comfortable, I created a frame that was slightly off and started my squares. As I was drawing, I was appreciating the seat of an old chair that belonged to Lar's great-grandfather, who had shortened the legs on it to have a comfortable seat by the fire after working in the fields.  For me, it has a very ancient, primal feel. The woven seat has almost broken. I find it so lovely that I've refused to redo it. 


And just for fun...



Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are valued!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it when a tangle challenge creates a warm story along with it! Love the frayed strip!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love this blog post and the resulting tangles. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on W2, so clever of you to think of it even if it was the story that sparked the idea. So much basket weave is frayed or broken so it should be obvious to portray it, but I haven't seen anyone do it before

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!