Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Awesome Simplicity of Zentangle

This week, Adele Bruno's Wednesday Words of Wisdom was a quote by Charles Mingus, American jazz genius, double bassist, composer and band leader. It inspired me to start a series of favorite quotes. (I have a terrible memory for quotes, so I like to have them where I can see them.) I printed the quote on ivory 8/12 in x 11 in cardstock, drew my string and started tangling. When I finished, I thought, "So much for simplicity!" But I truly believe that the Zentangle® method, rather than my drawing, embodies the meaning behind Mingus' words. Through a series of "awesomely simple" strokes--i,c,s,o--our creativity blossoms and blooms. Thank you, Rick and Maria and Charlie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!