Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Diva's Challenge #287: Dreamcatcher and InkTober

Daniel Lamothe's lovely Dreamcatcher tangle was the focus of this week's Diva Challenge. Not wanting to miss (another?) week, I drew this on Sunday evening, during the Clinton-Trump debate. I typically either a) fall asleep b)get really angry while watching debates, so I thought working on the challenge might help! At one point, my Dreamcatcher went awry. (Probably when I heard that whiny "Why do you let her go over and not me?" for the umpteenth time.) I filled the misshapened bits with N'zeppl, and some Inapodish things and kept going. I'm pleased with the results. Of my tile;)


Last week, I discovered InkTober, an annual challenge where artists the world over pick up their pens, draw and post #inktober every day. I've been posting these daily on the Mosaic app. (My handle is JenniferSparrowCZT21.) Thought I'd share the first 10 here. There is a daily prompt just to make it more interesting. I like the open-endedness of them and enjoy drawing based on a word rather than a certain string or tangle. Sort of like a word association game. Of course, please don't show these to my shrink;)

Day 1: Fast

Day 2: Noisy and Day 3: Collect

Day 4: Hungry and Day 5: Sad

Day 6: Hidden

Day 7: Lost

Day 8: Rock

Day 9: Broken

Day 10: Jump

Whew! Long post! Thanks for your patience! Have you ever participated in the InkTober challenge? If not, check it out! If so, let us know! And above all, have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Wow... what a variety of lovely tiles!
    I already wrote you in the Mosaic that I LOVE your Dreamcatchers, bit it is worth to repeat it here!
    I have already read sometimes about InkTober but did not take part yet. I have not realized yet what the task is and where it can be found. But your tiles are so beautiful... my favourites are day 3 and day 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these tiles from inktober but your dreamcatcher tile is my absolute favorite, it is wonderful drawn!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!