Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Diva's Weekly Challenge #289: Leafy Goodness and InkTober 18-23

I'm still playing catch up with the weekly challenges! Seems it's all I can do to post on the Monday after the challenge comes out! Challenge 289 was to incorporate autumn leaves into our tile. Normally, this is a personal fave. I love autumn. I love leaves. What's not to like? 
Here in North Carolina, our leaves are not at their peak. It's been quite dry, in spite of Hurricane Matthew that devastated the eastern   counties, many of which are still housing folks in shelters. (The historic town of Princeville opened back up only last week to its residents.) It's also been unseasonably warm, so many of the leaves are still on the leaves with a bit of color, but lots of green. Mother Nature seems at a bit of a loss, sadly. And so was I. I enjoyed searching for leaves this week, during several outdoor ventures. I finally found one yesterday that was a) not shriveled and b) nicely colored. I traced it and just filled it in with line work, then surrounded it with Printemps. Not my favorite, but here it is.


Somehow, I have managed to keep up with InkTober this week.

Day 18: Escape

Day 19: Flight

Day 20: Squeeze

Day 21: Big

Day 22: Little

Day 23: Slow

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!