Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Diva's Challenge #307

Have you ever known someone who lived their life as if creating a piece of art? Before jumping into the Diva's challenge, I thought I'd share an inspirational experience that my beloved and I had yesterday: a trip to the Goathouse Refuge, one of the largest no-kill shelters in North Carolina. Founded by an Italian sculptor, Siglinda Scarpa, it offers a loving haven to more than 300 cats, all well-fed and cared for. There is a gallery for her gorgeous pottery and a collection of wonderful gardens. The whole property is just a joyful ode to nature, from the cedar post and vine fences to the bird feeders hanging high up in the trees to the hilarious guinea hens running about to the kitties basking in the sun. It is the realization of Siglinda's childhood dream of creating a place where sick and abandoned cats could live happily.



A porcelain birdbath in one of the gardens



Another garden enclosed with cedar and vine fencing



Kooky guinea hens



The cat compound

This week's challenge was to use Indy and Mazzy's new tangle "Zingo". I made my tile while watching their Kitchen Table Tangle video, and thoroughly enjoyed it!


Thanks for visiting! Have an inspired and artful week!

8 comments:

  1. Fun photos and a lovely tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have deep respect for women like Siglinda Scarpa. She has created a wonderful place...thank you for sharing the pictures.
    And a lovely ZInga entry, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and inspiring place. Thank you for sharing. Reading that just filled my heart with warmth.
    Your Zinga is absolutely delightful;-) I especially love how you treated the petals with the Fescu tails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, you have visited a great place of freedom, as I can see..Thanks for sharing!
    Your Zingo tile is great- I love that tangle and I love especially the small details in your tile, for instance the black roundings in the auras of the petals.
    Have a nice sunday, dear Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to work with those sweet teachers and create such a pretty Zingo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!