Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Diva Challenge #343: Dewd!

I must begin this week with a warm "Thank you" for all your wishes for my cat's recovery. He now has 8 teeth, of the original 38, and a hearty appetite, with no toothache to hold him back from his new favorite activity: eating!


Minou and his tree

The Diva asked for "Dewd" this week, and I was happy to oblige! I really enjoy drawing this one, which seems so rhythmical.  My first go was on a bookmark made from a recycled box. Once I had finished, I thought, "White chalk and graphite on a bookmark? Won't they rub off onto the pages?" I grabbed some clear nail polish and dabbed it on. Not sure how that will work, I would love to hear your ideas and experience!


My second go was on a paper I stained with prickly pears that a friend brought me. These were totally new to me. The flavor was quite floral, and I really love the color they left on the paper! I wanted to try drawing on the stain, as you can see, but I immediately aborted as it is still a bit sticky, even after drying for 4 days.


Finally, I wanted to use Dewd as a border. I spotted a Random Act of Zentangle I had prepared with "hope" and added just a bit of border.


And now for some inspiration courtesy of Mother Nature. Last weekend I spotted some gingko trees. These have always been magical to me, with their golden, fan-shaped leaves.


I collected a big handful and brought them home.




Thanks for your visit! Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink tile but the bookmark is fab with the contrasting colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work all around and glad to hear Minou has recovered 😼 I love that bookmark and I'm reminded that I have another litter box that needs re-purposing 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures and I am glad I'm seeing a recovered Minou.
    The Ginko leaves are beautiful and so is your work of the week, especially the bookmark. I think nailpolish is fine to protect the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minou must be soooo pleased to feel better! That bookmark is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!