Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Diva Challenge #344: Happy Holidays!

So many tangling prompts, so little time! This week, Zentangle HQ began their traditional "12 Days of Zentangle" and also released a new tangle. These prompts are wonderful, and tend to involve stepping outside the tile with some new techniques. So far, I've followed along for three of them. (This reminds me that I still haven't done all the black tile prompts from a few weeks ago. Oh, well. We'll get there at some point!)


Day 1: white tile and Micron PN (Mine is blue black.)
I love the new takes on these basic tangles.


Day 2: A black tile, a white tile and some fancy cutting


Day 3: A white Zendala, some brown enthatching and a black Apprentice pen came out to meet "Rumpus", Maria's new tangle. I could draw this one all day!

Between tangling, I've been making felt birds for Christmas ornaments, sending out cards, meeting with folks to set up Zentangle classes in all the Durham library branches and shadowing the academic support teacher at  I'll be subbing for at my old school in January and February.


A little hard to get the colors on the scanner

I just got to the Diva's challenge this morning. This will be a card for a dear friend.


Wishing you all peace and good will

Thanks for stopping by. I missed getting by your blogs last week, but am looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!  May your holidays be bright, your to-do lists short and your tangle time plentiful!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, my favorite of the week is the lovely tile in the Christmas tree.
    Best wishes for the New year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on hollidays and used my husband's PC, Warm regards from Ria Matheussen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tiles all of them! Love your felt ornaments too! Happy Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your work is so beautiful. I've been doing the "12 days of Zentangle" sporadically in my sketchbook. I love your 3D ornament. That was the perfect application of that prompt because now you have me rethinking it. I thought it a bit fussy for my taste but now I think I'll make one to take to my niece's on Christmas Eve;-) Thank you for all of the inspiration you share here. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are beautiful and I like the cute birdie!
    Wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!