Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Diva Challenge #347

While we don't have the arctic temperatures of Diva-land-- -40 Celsius AND Fahrenheit, for those of you who may not have seen her post from Saskatoon--here in Chapel Hill we have twelve inches (30cm) of snow!!

(Since I started substitute teaching on January 2, we have now missed five days for inclement weather. I'm hoping it will thaw out before a class I'm teaching on Sunday on black tiles. I was  planning to do snowflake-y tangles, but I might encounter some resistance! )

I am thoroughly enjoying my return to middle school. As I meet new students, sometimes I think they might like to have a special monogram, so I've been doing some embedded letters as a compassion meditation, similar to the Random Acts of Zentangle. 






These were just for fun.


For the Diva's challenge, we had to use a thing to make our string. I have been trying to convert a tripod into a document camera stand, as shown in a video that Rick posted a few months ago. (See photos below. The old one was great, but bulky, heavy and difficult to transport. The new one will fit in my bag.)  After months of "messing around", I finally decided this needed to happen before I resumed my classes at the library. I needed two more parts: a 1/2-inch washer and a flat head stove bolt. While the former was easy to find, I had to go to 5 hardware stores before I finally found the bolt yesterday. I used the washer and a misfit hex bolt for my string. The tile progressed in starts and fits, a bit like the document camera stand! I was not sure that this was going to make it, but I took advantage of being snowed in and stuck with it like a tongue to a lamp post on a snowy day!!! The stain is cactus pear juice.




The finished tripod/document camera stand



The old document camera stand

Thanks for stopping by and following my journey. Have a pleasant week!


2 comments:

  1. Love the colours you have used in your first tree tiles but also the black/white look great, especially the composition with Dewd, Tripoli and Toodles is wonderful and so is your Diva tile!
    Zentangleart has a bit of DIY! and you it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so lovely 😍 The Diva tile is a wonderful kaleidoscope of colors and shapes. I agree with Ria about that Tripoli toodles Dewd piece. I love the composition of that 😉

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!