Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Diva Challenge #361: Amanda Day

It's good to be back! Thank you, Diva, for this week's Earth, or as her son Artoo calls her, "Amanda", Day challenge. I repurposed a cracker box for my tile, and used a plastic cottage cheese cup for the string. (I'm now collecting these for a class on Paradox in circles.) Starting out, I wasn't very happy with the direction I seemed to be taking. As time went on, I started seeing elements of nature: sunshine, rain, waves, wind, mountains, flora. 


***

During our two-week break, spring came and went! I thoroughly enjoyed getting out for some walks in the forest and some work in the garden. I witnessed the opening of my first peonies! Rebirth ensued. 


Between walks and gardening (and some substitute teaching), I continued to "grow" my art journal.


"Dawn". Listening to the birds before sunrise is a life-giving force for me. When I googled "Why do birds sing at dawn?" I found an intriguing answer that went into the journal. "I sing for I have survived the night." The cherry blossom tangle is "Ying", by Cat Kwan.

***


"Dream". This page started with no conscious connection to the prompt, just a desire to play with leaves. I googled "What does it mean to dream about leaves?"  "It is time that you shed the old memories and struggles of life. Enjoy the changes of life. Be courageous and bold to face the changes. Life would be boring with no changes." New leaves can't grow until the old ones fall.

***



"Unfurl". Helen Mirren said,"If it were all truly known and planned and determined, [life] wouldn't be worth living, just a giant to-do list waiting to be crossed off." The Cadent tangleation came from Rick's latest Kitchen Table Tangles.

***


"Ripen". From Brigitte Bardot: "Il est triste de vieillir, mais agréable de murir." (The translation should probably be "mature" rather then "ripen". Poetic license!)

***


"Presence". Playing with stamps on coffee filters and tissue paper, I created this after finding a quote from Winnie the Pooh. "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Thanks for visiting! Have a pleasant week!




3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Amanda Day Tile Jennifer! I like the colours. Great journal artwork. Happy Spring Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Amanda Day tile is so nice! Love the soft colors and the levels. Inspiring blogpage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, so many brilliant quotes!! Thanks for sharing them with us. You were quite busy tangling and the results are beautiful. Have to tell you this: there are so many sparrows in our garden and I (almost) always think of you when I see them :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!