Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Diva Challenge #364: Remake of a Classic



This week's challenge, to remake a classic, didn't really catch my fancy at first. I just didn't feel like going back through my old tiles. (Or maybe the problem was finding them! I have a stack on my desk, a mobile in my entry, a bulletin board in my closet, two albums on my shelves and "streamers" in my office.) I decided to take my demo tile from last Sunday's aura class and remake it instead.


My "streamers"



Tile #1


My remake (L) and the class tile (R)

Looking back at the challenge today, I decided I really did need to go back in time a little further than last week. I found the tile I drew in my first class with a CZT, in February 2015.  I've drawn this "tile #1" composition dozens of times now for intro classes, and enjoyed exploring other possibilities. I'm looking forward to sharing it with future students.



Spending more time in the garden has been great, but I haven't been tangling as much. I decided to follow a Kitchen Table Tangle video I had missed, with "Articulated Molygon".




First try




And an entry in my art journal

""One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
--Shakespeare

When I wasn't drawing fantastic crawlers, I was in the dirt, pulling weeds after the generous rain. Here are the stars of the garden this week.



Aura


Japanese spirea, with a visitor

Thanks for checking in! Hope you have a beauty-filled week.



3 comments:

  1. A pretty remake and beautiful flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the remakes! Me to haven´t got much time for tangling due to the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have such nice flowers in your own garden, it is a pleasure to spend more time there than behind the drawing table. I understand that very good but I have to say nice remakes and beautiful special Molygon in your art journal!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!