Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Focus?

I miss the Diva and the focus that her challenges gave my (our?) life. I understand and endorse her need to move on. I'm trying to find a focus for this week's blog post.

Let's see.

I have been tangling every day in my gratitude journal. This is a simple pleasure. Usually, my drawing surface ends up about Bijou size, and I usually have 3 sections, where I note 3 things that I'm grateful for every day. Usually, I use my comfort tangles, but more and more, I'm trying to integrate some new things as a way of working on my memory. (I never browse or look at step-outs for this journal.) This week, I was looking for something different, and used a random number generator. 49. Diva Challenge #49!  The Red Thread Challenge from guest blogger Cris Letourneau. If you haven't done this one, I highly recommend it! I integrated the IAST #254 into the drawing on the right.


One of the members of our SparkPeople Zentangle team launched an ATC challenge this week where the theme is summer. I recently bought some Zentangle ATCs to try. (I know. I'm probably the only person in our community who hasn't done these!) Since I've been drawn to dingbatz of late (see above!), this is my first attempt. (I accidentally picked up an 08, but really like the bold line.) 3 more to come.


I picked up my art journal again on one of those hot and humid afternoons where I hunkered down inside. My prompt was "mother", and I chose the Rumi quote "We are born of love. Love is our mother." Since my dad was an avid photographer, there was only one photo in the archives with him and my mom. And a guy in a bear costume.  Before I glued the photo down, I tried some "hidden journaling" in pencil. I like that effect.


I went back to another journal page that was incomplete and filled it in with some stamping, stenciling and tangling. Thank you, Michele Wynne, for the bleeding tissue paper tip. Great for covering up and filling in! There's a teabag in there, too. And an unhappy, beet-stained ATC dingbatz.


Looks a bit out of focus, doesn't it?

How are you finding a focus sans Diva? Do you prefer having a structured challenge or do you like to find your own challenge?

Thanks for sharing. Have an inspired week!


From this morning's walk, I wish that you may "abound in well-being and peace"!


3 comments:

  1. I didn't join the 49 th challenge of the Diva but I love your results and I agree, it is a lovely challenge. Your dingbatz is wonderful with these soft colours. Pictures which are precious for you need to be shown in a special way and I like very much what you did with the pic of your parents. The page from your journal is so beautiful, especially the blue part, I like very much how you filled this space.
    I miss the challenges too but on square one surprises me also every week with a nice pattern. They ask to use only black/white, that is a real challenge for me because my faves are coloured. Thanks for a very nice wish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you Ria! I just tried to post a comment on your blog twice, but it doesn't seem to be working. I hope you get some cooler weather and time to explore the outdoors. You always inspire me!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!