Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Quality, not quantity?

I feel like I've done a lot of tangling this week, but don't have a lot to show you! Let's see.

My gratitude for Monday focused on some nice weather, and feeling particularly energetic and "comblée", a French word that beautifully expresses the "cup runneth over" feeling that I can't find an English word for right now! (I love how every language has words that can't be conveyed in other languages.) I spent a relaxing afternoon on a card for my daughter's birthday.




Lots of fun making my daughter's birthday card

Inspired by Susie Ng, I decided to try a transparent Zenbutton on an old demo tile. More fun ensued.

Somehow, my mood had changed by Wednesday, and I had to show gratitude for ups and downs.


I played around with some graphite, and Jody Genovese's new tangle, Twilight.





All week long, I've been getting ready for my first ATC swap, through our SparkPeople Zentangle team. The theme is "Summer".


Looks like I had more to show than I remembered! Another lesson for me to take the time to be mindful and grateful whenever I feel any lack or shortage in life. And to remember my motto: "I have what I need and I need what I have."

Wishing you a mindful, grateful week! 

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Oh, that card is a beauty and I am sure it will be appreciated very much.
    That transparent zenbuttom, drawn over an old demo tile is indeed a good idea and you created a wonderful example.
    Your last picture looks great and I wish you succes in your Spark people zentangle groupe. I wanna do much more things but simply can't find enough time and I don't wanna do things in a rush, better in a peacefull and mindfull way, I agree completely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful art. That card is so great. I love how the art can be removed if one was so inclined 😉
    The Zen-button is cool. I love discovering new ways to resurrect old tiles and those swap ATC's are beauties. Thanks for all of your inspiration 😍

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!