Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Diva's Weekly Challenge #374: Splotch-tastic AND....Inktober 2018!

Happy November! To celebrate, I'll begin by unveiling (ha!) my Inktober challenge.


Inktober 2018 (9 x 12 in.)

I enjoyed the daily challenge, trying out new-to-me tangles and learning how to unclog a Micron pen!
The background is gouache, which is a bit grainy and likely to clog up your Micron 01. I was using 4 different purple Micron 01 pens, which kept skipping and clogging. Finally, I took a cup of water and swished them around a bit, then drew around on my scrap paper. (If that didn't work, I wet them again and placed the tip on a Kleenex.) VoilĂ ! The ink began to flow.
I wish I had remembered to take the "before shading" picture to show what a difference the Prismacolors and graphite make. Shading is always my favorite part of tangling. This took a couple of days, but was well worth the time.
On to the Diva's challenge to incorporate a "splotch" of something. I grabbed my unopened black gesso and splotched a couple of scrap tiles. I was a little surprised at how much tooth the gesso had.
Normally, I like to use the Signo Uno for white, and did so in the first tile. I think the ink is a little thick and not as bright as when I bought it.


For the second tile, I did a "dingsplatz" with Moonlight Gelly Rolls and a white Gelly Roll. 


This week, I was grateful for several walks in the forest, Monarch butterflies in the garden, fall colors and a relaxing anniversary with Lar. From my gratitude journal:




I hope that you're enjoying the "softer" seasons of fall and spring in your hemispheres.
Thanks for your visit! Have a great week!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, your splotch tiles have a seamless transition from splotch to surround. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigosh Jennifer...that Inktober piece is truly epic and the Diva tiles are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Inktober piece is gorgeous. Thanks for the tip about the pens, I can use that one :-) I also like the Diva tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful what you did with Inktober, I love it!!!
    Nice divatile and lovely tiles from your gratitude journal.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!