Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Note(s) to Self

I love quotes and proverbs. (I recently learned the word for a collection of proverbs: a paremiography.) During this time of healing my back, I have restructured my day into "micro-bursts" of joy. These are 20-25 minute periods for gardening (without bending!!!), walking outside, making cards for our Meals on Wheels friends, tangling, reading, writing. I try to alternate between the sedentary and the standing, and then throw in foam rolling, yoga and tai chi. Most of the drawing has been for InkTober. I'm so grateful for this tangle-a-day format to complete a brightly colored 2-page spread in my art journal. Put on your sunglasses. Here's the first page:


I'm pleased, and surprised, with how I've used so many colors! 
You can see a bit of the distress ink background on the right.

I've also done some calligraphy pieces on distress ink backgrounds. These go pretty quickly and serve a purpose. They remind me of the things I'm learning during this slow life time. They bring me joy and a sense of accomplishment. Even though my time and productivity look different these days, I can still do something I find beautiful and worthwhile.



Finally, my end of summer tribute to the lovely purple cone flowers we had in abundance this year. 

Effie

Wishing you a bright and colorful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!