Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Settling into Gratitude

This morning's meditation included a powerful affirmation:

In this moment, I choose to settle into a space of peaceful gratitude.

What particularly struck me was "settle". Like the Monarch butterflies that graced my garden this week, I flit and flutter about sometimes. I go from one bloom of activity to another, and forget to


I even noticed a few days ago that my InkTober practice had been all about "getting it done".I was forgetting Step 1 of the Zentangle Method: Gratitude and Appreciation. My drawing, not for the first time, was about cranking it out. This had happened before with my cards for our Meals on Wheels friends as well as for my class preparation.


This week's Meals on Wheels cards

I felt a powerful reminder as I drew the first tile and a rainbow appeared on it!


That never happened before!

I hope to remember to take a moment, or several, to feel gratitude this week before picking up my tools. I miss that deliberate moment that we always take at the beginning of our classes. I invite you to remember, too, if you sometimes forget.


I invite you to "settle into a space of peaceful gratitude" and to take time to wonder. It's the seed, in my view, of all beauty and creativity.



Remember: Even butterflies stop and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!