Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Explorations and Artist's Dates

Are you familiar with Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way? It was published 30 years ago, and, luckily, I recently discovered it through a morning meditation two weeks ago. "Mystery, not Mastery" was the phrase that intrigued me that morning, so last week, I started the book and its twelve-week program. At this point, I'm quite happy with it. One of the two actions that you commit to in the program is weekly artist's dates, where you make a weekly date with yourself to explore art / beauty  in whatever form you choose--a trip to the dollar store to buy some new "stuff" to explore, a walk outside, a meet-up, a trip to a museum, etc. My artist's dates this week included some YouTube lessons and a meet-up with my Meals on Wheels card makers, or, as I now call us, the "Sisters of the Travelling Cards".

As part of some self-care that I needed, I purchased a lesson from 7F5RStudio called "Romantic Rosettes". Here's the first tile:


I enjoyed this so much I did another version in my journal:


I did two of the Zentangle Project Pack 18 videos, too, in my journal: 
 

Day 2


Day 3
Maria did an amazing version of her tangle "Verdigogh" in this video. 
Just watching her draw is awesome.


I had these scraps from making my swatch sheet. 
I mounted them on colored card stock and then tangled inside the holes. 
Swiss Swatch!


Lar worked 4 days with a broken toe,
 so he got a little lunchbox tangle, with Gribbits and Cabbits, by Debbie New.


Just for me--and you!



Wishing you wonderful artist's dates!






 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!