Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, August 14, 2022

My first gallery piece!

Carrboro , North Carolina, is one of a few places in our state to have a Little Free Art Gallery. Similar to the Little Free Library movement, you can place your art here (or not) and take up to two pieces. A local artist and activist curates the little gallery so that it's frequently refreshed. And this week, I left my first piece there! A few days later, I noticed that the piece had been taken. (You can follow the gallery on instagram @littlefreeartgallerycarrboro.) I'm so grateful for this local expression of community, and for all those who join me in appreciating it! If you're here in the Triangle area, I hope that you'll check out the gallery, and maybe leave a piece of YOUR art!


My Zendala is on the bottom left.

Among my other explorations this week, I tried another tan tile with Lindy's Magicals in "Umbrella Drink Pink". I used a pink Metallic Gelly Roll and a Silver Shadow Gelly Roll.




I also tried a new tangle from @tangledpursuits, or Debbie New, from 7F5R, called "Sing-fanie". It's basically a cursive "s" drawn in 4's or 5's around an orb. She's so clever!


And on Friday, I picked up my new "readers". I've had bifocals for years, and never managed to use the reading lenses to my satisfaction. To compensate, I bought readers from the dollar store. But because my vision is so different in my left and right eyes, I was twisting my head funny! (If you've ever taken a class with me, you've probably noticed!) So I finally decided that I was tired of the "thunk" sound in my neck, and got some single vision glasses for reading/drawing. I literally rushed to my drawing table when I came home to try them out. And everything felt so ... out of focus! Slowly, I'm getting used to them now. This was my first go at drawing with them:


ZTHQ has released Project Pack 18, which teaches us to use a translucent paper with different tools. I followed along with the free video for Day 1, and used the materials I had on hand. Because the paper is translucent, the design appears on both sides. The Silver Shadow pen, whose ink actually separates as it dries, looks silver on one side and purple on the other.




Wishing you exciting explorations this week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!