Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Uncharted Waters (See it grow: Week 3)

In one of my favorite TV episodes, Wally, the older brother of Beaver, explains to his perplexed parents who are seeking his input about the young sibling, something like, "Gee, Mom. How would I know? Beaver's never been this age before." Ah, the Wisdom of Wally! Lately, in my morning meditations, I've often seen words about the power of not knowing, learning to accept the "uncharted territory" in our lives, letting go of our "Expert Mode" of thinking and acting. So many crossroads that we have yet to come to. As I read somewhere "You've never been this old before, and you'll never be this young again." Sobering thoughts! But they remind me that every moment is new, that we are constantly challenged with learning and exploring. 

In week 3 of the Fragment of Your Imagination Challenge, this feels particularly relevant. Looking at the remaining inches of the design that remain, I have, in all honesty, started to get a little nervous. How am I going to respond to this space with honor and courage, and even humility? I imagine different options. I think, "But I don't really know how to do that?" Shading, the sixth step of the Zentangle Method, is often my favorite. But with this piece, I'm hearing that critical voice: "If you ruin it, you won't be able to correct it!" Ugh. The power of not knowing? I have 10 more days to draw. As I advance through them, I will see things a little differently, learning and exploring as I go. And then we'll see!

For now, here's what we have:


End of week 3


Week 3 Fragments

Other tiles from this week:


For a friend


Just for kicks


A gentle reminder

Are you in some uncharted waters? What are you exploring now?

Have a wonderful week, and Happy Lunar New Year! 🐇







3 comments:

  1. only you think it will be ruined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Lou! Your comment is a welcome reminder. When I hear my inner critic, I'll try to hear YOUR comment instead!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!