Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, January 1, 2023

The last piece for 2022: The 12 Days of Zentangle

I hope you all ended 2022 with joyous festivities! I wanted to briefly share my finished "12 Days of Zentangle" project, along with photos of the beginning, middle and end. This  year-end project challenged us all to trust the process, by working big and with several new tangles. Although frustrated at times, mostly by not having a large enough table for a screen and the 14.5 x 19.5 inch paper, I am happy with what I did, and how I handled the challenge. I, like many others, felt "like an artist" while doing this project. (Usually, the 12 Days of Zentangle is a series of 12 individual projects at the end of the year, each one on a small surface.) 


Around day 3


Around day 8, I still had lots of gaps.


Day 10, with most of the shading


Finished piece, detail of left side


Finished piece, detail center


Finished piece, detail right side

With the 12 Days project behind me, I'm looking forward to beginning another "large" piece. Did you finish any projects for the end of the year? What projects are you looking forward to?









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!