Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Congestion

'Tis the season of coughs, colds, flu and worse here in North Carolina. My beloved Lar has had some bug which led him not once but twice to an urgent care facility. (This is the guy who never goes to the doctor.) We self-quarantined, slept in separate rooms, wore masks to no avail. The bug somehow found me. Thankfully, my recent flurry of vaccinations has protected me to a degree. My body--and the cats!--know that something's up, and I am down, trying to assure a minimum of orderliness and hygiene to get us all over this bump in the road. 

In the midst of it all, I've been enjoying my oracle cards and junk journaling, or what I call junk journaling. Yesterday, after binge watching tutorials on YouTube, I had a revelation. I'm just making things to go into junk journals--cards, tags, pockets, folios--and loving it. But I don't have an actual book to hold them all! It's like making scrapbook pages without photos or a book!! Ha! I don't think this is going to stop me. It's just too much fun! Either I'll keep them all in a box, or I'll figure out another use for them.

There.

As for the oracle cards, here's the group photo of the first 12 of 30:


And this week's new arrivals:








I learned how to rust paperclips!! So fun! 
 
If you've stuck with me this long, you may be wondering why I named this post "Congestion". I felt that life was congested this week, stuck, like the gunk in our respiratory pathways. So many metaphors came to mind about breathing, and how we take it for granted. We forget to attend to it, and life becomes shallow and labored. Stuck. For me, orderliness and order free me up to pay attention and feel less overwhelmed. I've noticed this as I do more multimedia art with various tools and pieces that I can easily lose if I don't pay attention to what I need and what I can put away. I can see how this carries over to lots of areas. Orderliness (and mindfulness) are the Mucinex of life!!!!!

On that silly note, I hope that you flow this week, enjoy good health and breathe in all the good around us. And that you are able to make every day beautiful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!