Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Oracle Deck: Days 1-5

If you've been coming here for the past year or so, you may have heard me mention my morning pages meditations. First thing every  morning, preferably before the sun comes up, I get my coffee and sit in my dark quiet studio to write whatever is in my thoughts. Random words, incomplete ideas, dream remnants, whatever comes up. It's a kind of brain dump/gratitude journal to clear my head and find some motivation for the day. When I was doing the 100 Days Project earlier this year, I came to appreciate finding a word or phrase to remember during the day, similar to "Notes to Self" pieces that I've shared here. 

Inspired by an old copy of "Art Journaling" magazine I recently picked up at a used book store, I found inspiration in an "oracle deck" by Mosca. I decided to make a 30-day project of 2.5 x 3.5 inch pieces to form a deck of "Notes to Self" cards. Here's what I have so far.


The first 4 days: a little collage, a hint of stamping, some faces and whatever else I find


Surrender to your heart.




Notice the beauty and love around you.



Oops: Outstanding opportunities presenting suddenly
My first attempts at setting eyelets in paper



I choose to experience the sweetness of the day.



86400 seconds--all new!-- in this day.
As I "just keep swimmin'" along, I am mindful of the flow and joy within them.

The faces are a challenge, and that's okay! Once the deck is complete, I hope to refer to it daily as an inspiration for my morning pages when I hit the occasional dry spot.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!