Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Friday, August 12, 2016

The Diva's Weekly Challenge: Duotangle with Auraknot and Meer

I made it back! It's been another crazy week, but we are all well in spite of the lingering heat and humidity we've had here in North Carolina. This morning I wanted to do some gardening, but after 45 minutes, I had to come inside. When I went back out in the late afternoon, it was still like stepping into a sauna. The humidity has been hovering between 70 and 80 percent for the last few weeks with no break. A few days ago, we had a huge rain. I was in a hardware store when it hit, and thought, "Thank God! This will cool everything off!" When I went outside, it was even hotter than before. Ugh.
This week's challenge was to create a duotangle with Auraknot and Meer. Auraknot is always a bit tricky for me, so I practiced a little before starting. I think my choice of gray and white reflects on the kind of sky we're having this summer. That leaden sky that holds in the heat and feels like it could fall on your head at any moment!!

 
I used a Fabrico marker for the gray and a Signo for the white. I wasn't really sure how to shade the Auraknot. How do you shade white on gray?
Thanks for your visit! Have a great week! My computer was damaged during our recent move. I hope to get it back soon so I can get back to seeing your blogs. I really miss them!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I like how you've curved the rib lines in your meer, really gives a river through a valley feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read stories from "zentanglepeople" from all over the world. I can imagine this huge humidity and I don't like that but I do like your tile. It is very original to make a link of the skye you see and the tile. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful composition & shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I really love this! It's very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have used gray for your tile to show how oppressive the heat must be. I also wouldn't know how to shade the white on this, but you have done an amazing job with your composition. Very lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tile is lovely!!! I hope it will coll down soon.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!