Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Diva's Weekly Challenge #295: Reticula and fragments, take 2!

For this week's Diva challenge, I used a tile I had stained with turmeric several months ago. The circles seemed to call out for more circles--a circular reticula and a circular fragment! I don't know if you can really see the reticula, under the stains, but it has an orb in the center, surrounded by more orbs. For my fragment, an orb with crescent moons. I filled in the spaces around and between the orbs with Tipple. I wasn't really pleased with this until I started to shade. I'm glad I always shade :)


Do you see the line and crescent on the turmeric, in the middle? That is not a mistake, but a lesson!!! I quickly learned that turmeric is happy, and just the right size, to clog up the micron tube tip!!! Do you know if there's a fixative you can apply that seals in those little grains and still lets you ink over?
For relaxation, I always pick up my blue Micron.
Joki, Shattuck, Featherfall, Arukas, Sandswirl, Indy-rella et al

Joki, Hamail, Printemps

Gommi

And finally, if you get the Zentangle newsletter or have the Mosaic app, you've heard about this year's "12 Days of 3Zs" festivities.  There are prizes for commenting and sharing your work! And I never win anything, so your chances are even better!!!
My 1st Day of 3Z entry:

and my 2nd Day of 3Z entry:

Looking forward to seeing your entries!
Have a festive week!





6 comments:

  1. I did not know about turmeric clogging. Thanks for the tip. The variety of tangles are all lovely to look at. The blue pen is my favorite of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your round turmeric R/F tile! I too had clogging with turmeric, but it worked it's way out. Also happy to see your 12 Days Tiles! I don't have a blog to post mine but I'm having fun doing Them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turmeric tile is great! I love what you said about shading. I can't tell you how many times I've comethisclose to ditching a tile that was saved by shading And highlight;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so very beautiful and ... you were quite busy tangling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are just wonderful! Especially I like the first one ... it´s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!