Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Diva Challenge #356: My name in string!

From the sound of it, we've all had a pretty busy week, and mine was no exception. A delightful Zentangle intro class at the library on Sunday; a quick, but fun visit from my daughter on Tuesday; snow (!!!) on Wednesday; a relaxing Zentangle intro class for an engineering company's wellness program on Thursday and an inspiring March for Our Lives (and more snow!) yesterday. In my spare time, I've been looking at youtube tutorials--thanks, again, Michele Wynne!--on art journaling. What a fun mess that is! I think I prefer the portability, simplicity and economy of Zentangle, but I'm having a blast exploring mixed media and the possibilities for upcycling.
I started my art journal a year ago, inspired by journal52. I was quickly overwhelmed by the prompts: one word, and then lots of reflection questions, plus a visual. For now, I've decided to make my art journal a place to play and explore different techniques, and incorporate favorite quotes or ideas connected to the prompts. I'm using a Rhodia journal that was a gift from one of my students. I've discovered gesso, which I now use to sturdy up the pages.
Anyhow, here's what I have to show for my week:


Ah, the joy of black and white on a 3.5 square paper!



Gesso, crayon resist, acrylic, collage, Prismacolors, embossing, Microns, Sharpie, Royal Coat--everything but the kitchen sink!


Just collage today, but that may change ;)

If I don't somehow glue myself to the kitchen counter, I'll be back next week.
Thanks for your visit! Have a creative week!



2 comments:

  1. It is so nice that you explore new things. I also wanted to learn always more but days are too short... Anyway, I like everything I see here now, two lovely tiles but also two original and beautiful pieces of art

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great Jennifer! Your journal pages are so fun. This mixed media business is definitely a fun mess and now I evaluate everything before I toss something in the trash.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!