Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Explorations and Gratitude

What a week. I've felt so discombobulated at times, so confused. Trying to stay on course--a course of mindfulness and intention--has not been easy. Gratitude focuses my racing thoughts and gives me a reason to draw. I'm grateful for my gratitude journal and the gratitude strings. The process--taking time to be mindful of 3 things I'm grateful for every day--rather than the drawings themselves is what I appreciate.
This week I've been working on the latest Project Pack from Zentangle. Although I'm happy with my progress, and have almost finished the tangling, I still have a ways to go with painting and shading.  I'm looking forward to posting the 9-tile mosaic. Maybe next week????
Prior to starting the Project Pack, I had been exploring drawing on used teabags. Here in North Carolina, we have traditionally sought refreshment from the hot, humid summers in iced tea. Even though I'm a native, I've never drunk a lot of iced tea until this summer. Inspired by some tea bag art seen on Pinterest, I decided to take my Lipton's cold brew family size tea bags and see what I could do. I made this 5 x 7 inch card for my sister. Yesterday, I prepared some used coffee filters. To be continued...


With the intense heat that has finally hit us, I've been spending time in the garden protecting and watering the plants and even harvesting some green beans, Swiss chard, mint and basil. Here are the stars of the week:


Rose of Sharon


Gardenia


Cone flowers, a pollinator favorite!

Thanks for your visit! Have a mindful week.






1 comment:

  1. I just came back from a walk with my two dogs and tried to do it in a mindfull way: listening to the sounds of the birds,smelling the wild blossoms, seeing the beauty of pure nature. Of course my thoughts tried to flow away but gently, I brought them back to the moment and so an ordinary walk can become a mindfull activity that will give you benefits.
    I love your beautiful card for your sister and I'm very curious to see results of the teabags!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!