Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Monday, July 2, 2018

Dots, border, string! And coffee, of course!


While I haven't finished my Project Pack 03 tiles, I have been exploring dots, borders and strings! In our Zentangle SparkPeople group, we focused on how we can use these simple steps of the Zentangle Method to enhance our mindfulness. For example, when I place the 4 corner dots, I always think of  a compass, and ask myself, "Where am I right now? Physically? Mentally? Emotionally?" This simple centering exercise continues when I draw my border and string. "What are my borders today? Who has drawn them? Am I comfortable jumping any of them? " (While I don't always use dots, borders and strings, I try to be conscious of where "I am" at that moment. If I feel like I really need to slow down and be more mindful, I take time to go through this process.) These steps are really important when working in my daily gratitude journal.
I continue to explore using "trash" for my Zentangle work. I recently posted a used tea bag that I put on a card for my sister. Here are two more pieces. 



Pre-strung Zendala traced onto a used coffee filter



Used tea bag with bird stamp and a bit of Cat-Kin, mounted on my handmade paper

I don't really know what I'm going to do with these! Feel free to leave me your suggestions!
My garden is getting a lot of my time and attention now that summer is here. Here are the latest blooms.


Canna


Cone flower with pollinator. See the pollen on her legs?


Crepe Myrtle


Butterfly bush


Black-eyed Susan

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon. In the meantime, see the beauty around you.

1 comment:

  1. Your "trash" looks great.
    You can start a special "trash" book but also just glued on a black card they are a wonderful attention to give to a friend for a special occasion!
    Surrounded by such beautiful flowers and see them grow is great. I'm glad you see that, many of us don't see those lovely little miracles anymore. Thanks for a nice post.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!