Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Café ou thé?

While I've been continuing my gratitude journal, I haven't done a lot this week. I spent a fun four days with my daughter, while her husband was working in the Netherlands. (We figured the last mother-daughter time we had was 21 years ago!) She spoiled me with a shopping trip, pool time, a special trip to her mother-in-law's magnificent garden and a wonderful Italian restaurant among other things. And, of course, there was time with my grand-dogs! Stella, the latest addition to the family, is a 10-month old pit bull rescue. She is about the most loving dog I've ever known! So much energy for cuddles and kisses! The only time I was able to get a good picture was when she came to do yoga with me, and fell asleep on the mat!



I especially love Mary Lou's shade gardens 



When I came back home on Thursday, I decided to pick up my art journal, which has not seen a lot of action of late. I grabbed a used tea bag and a used coffee filter, and after much hesitation, applied them to the page with some medium matte. The quote came from Robin Wright.


On Friday, I grabbed another tea bag. I took an old Bijou tile and put it inside, then applied matte medium.  (I recently discovered the "Before the Landfill--Crafty Recyclers" team on sparkpeople.com. Looking forward to discovering more things to recycle!)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely week.






2 comments:

  1. It is so sad that pittbulls have a bad image. In fact when they got a good education they are wonderful dogs, but so often people treat them awful...anyway,this is a lovely picture of a lovely dog.
    It's nice to read you had some real quality time with your daughter and indeed, her garden, wow!!!
    I like the idea of drawing on recycled paper and I love both your results.
    Wish you a relaxing week and many little moments of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that journal page! I'm reminded that my own art journal (as are several other things) has been neglected. I've fallen down another creative rabbit hole of arty recycling that I'm hoping to share this week.
    That tea bag piece is truly inspiring and I enjoyed reading about your quality time with your daughter and grand-dogs. Stella looks so sweet 😍

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!