Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

News from ...

I made it back after a busy and friend-filled week! My English friend and former colleague Sonia drove up from Atlanta for a visit. An amazing teacher and artist, she caught me up on all that's going on in her home town, but also England, Canada and Jamaica, where she recently spent time with her family. In between our marathon chats--we hadn't seen each other for 4 years!--we got together with other friends, from North Carolina, but also Mexico and France. And in between those reunions, we hit the Scrap Exchange, my favorite up-cycling place to find any "scrap" you can imagine, be it textile, paper, metal, glass, plastic or wood. Sonia sews beautifully, and snagged some gorgeous fabrics. I picked up some lace, a chalkboard, some chalk, a mosaic mirror....and of course, my favorite, rubber stamps. Yesterday, we went to an estate sale in my neighborhood. More foreign flair, as the owners were selling their treasured mementos of years in China, Indonesia, India, Thailand and then some. I managed to limit myself. After all, I just downsized 2 years ago, and really don't have space! Sonia found a camel blanket to hang on the wall, since camels in Atlanta stay pretty warm, and some more fabulous hand-woven fabrics. This was so much fun!
This morning, I finished a page in my art journal for the Martha Graham quote: "Age is the acceptance of a term of years, but maturity is the glory of the years." I wanted to splatter black gesso to give it an aged look. Ha! Now I understand why artists have studios ;)




Thank you, Ria Mattheusen, for the string art you shared on your blog recently. Here's my first try. We'll see what this turns into! I love the technique. The shape remind me of calla lilies, a favorite flower. 


And no post would be complete without a tea bag! This one is stitched onto some fabric:



Thanks for your visit! Wishing you a multicultural week!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful first try of the string art, gorgeous colourresult but also a beautiful work, based on the Project 3 pack. I like the quote of Martha Graham very much, copied it already! and to finish again a lovely stitched tea-bag! Thank you for this pleasant blogpost!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!