Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Diva's Weekly Challenge #368: Just Straight Lines, and a new friend

This week I've been in post-Florence mode. My dear friend Anne-Yvonne has called me from France every day for over a week to make sure we're okay. (This is why she's my bestie.) My French has improved a bit, especially in terms of hurricane vocabulary, e.g. "storm surge", "crest", "flood stage", etc. We've spent hours together every day. In between calls, I cleaned up my garden, used the emergency stock of water, helped to load some trucks filled with relief supplies for eastern North Carolina, celebrated my 59th birthday and got a cat. His name is Pete and we are in love. I tried to take his picture and this is what I have to show for it. Not very flattering for either of us! No worries, you'll surely see more of him in the weeks to come!


I have a lot to be grateful for, and have used the Diva's "straight line challenge" in my gratitude journal this week.




I also made a new journal, this one in honor of Pete.


Although I don't usually think of myself as a straight-line kind of tangler, I did enjoy this a lot. The new journal cover, which has a used tea-bag, was especially relaxing to fill in with the aura lines.
How about you? Were your straight lines relaxing? Did you learn something new about your tangling?

Thanks for visiting! Have a wonderful week!





9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are save after that Florence!!! We, here in The Netherlands, had the last part of it this weekend; just some hard wind and rain. In fact 'nothing'if you compare. Congratulations with your birthday and especially your cat!!! I had cats almost all my life and only since 1,5 year I live without one. Still not used to it .... O, I forgot, I'm also here for the challenge: I like your tiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annemarie! The torrential rains were the scariest--about 25 cm of rain fell here in 24 hours. I wish I could say the same for the eastern part of our region. They are still under water.

      Delete
  2. Uncomplicated but lovely results for this challenge. I didn't join this week. (I'm not a great fan of straight lines) It is good to know, Florence is gone and you and your family are safe.
    As you know, we have two dogs and one cat, the dogs always listen, the cat never but i love them all three and I wish you many happy moments with Pete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria! My Zentangle has been more therapeutic than artistic lately, and I'm happy when it's uncomplicated. I'm trying to train Pete to listen. So far, he likes to follow me everywhere, like a dog!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tangle List! I've started watching the Tangle a Day videos. 2 down, 665 to go?!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!