Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

She's back!!!!

Hurray for Laura Harms, our Diva CZT who has graciously returned to post another weekly challenge after a well-deserved break! I know we were all so excited to see her 365th challenge this week.  I probably would have missed it had I not seen Annemarie's and Michele's posts in my email box! Thank you, ladies!

The challenge was to return to our beginnings and do a basic tile, with corner dots, border, string and black ink on white paper. This was so relaxing. No need to think or plan.






Yesterday I spent a few hours in my art journal on the "strength" prompt.  Starting with a used tea bag, I added the collage and then some tangles. Since I'm reading Reckless Daughter, David Yaffe's biography of Joni Mitchell, I thought I'd listen to her music while completing the page. So relaxing.



I don't usually listen to music when tangling. (If I watch the evening news, I always tangle, to keep me calm!!) I may just do this more often.
What about you? Do you listen to anything while you tangle? Does it depend on your mood?

Thanks for visiting! Have a "back to basics" week!



1 comment:

  1. Back to basics, just in black/white can be wonderful, you show us that in your three gorgeous tiles, especially the one with Printemps is very nice but absolutely amazing is that last pic. I cannot see how you did it, there is so mutch depth, it seems to be drawn behind a wall. I love the composition, the colours, the tangles... everything!!! And to answer your question: most of the time I have some relaxing music on the background when I am drawing. When I am sitting about an hour, I stand up to do a few stretching exercises, it is very good for the back to change attitudes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!