Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Project Pack 07

Have you seen the latest project from Zentangle HQ? Project Pack 07, with its focus on gray paper with blue and gold inks and blue chalk pastel was released about a month ago. As always, the project videos are available to all for free, and you are welcome to play along with whatever materials you have. I had bought some gray card stock and made a journal using mid-tint papers for the project lessons. Slowly but surely, I've been working my way through the 12 days. I've enjoyed every minute! Here's what I have so far.




Copper metallic ink with purple pastel chalk


Gold metallic ink with blue and white pastel chalk


Gold metallic ink with blue and white pastel chalk
Notice the two blue inks. One is a blue back PN (plastic nib) pen and the other
is a blue Micron. These are gorgeous on gray.





Gold metallic ink with brown Micron on tan paper


Gold metallic ink with blue watercolor on gray



Gold metallic ink with blue and white pastel chalk


Purple PN with white and violet chalk on gray

Somewhat surprised at how I like the gray paper, I still have some exploring to do. I was pleased with the purple ink, as well as the copper. I'm having some trouble blending the pastel chalks on the card stock. It's probably easier on the gray tiles from Zentangle, which look like they have a soft, fibrous feel that really takes well to the chalk.
Have you tried the new paper? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!