Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Note(s) to self

Our Meals on Wheels clients will soon receive their Thanksgiving cards--gasp! Given my continued "micro-bursts" of creativity and joy, I designed these six models for the 60 cards I wanted to contribute. Ever since Project Pack 15 and its focus on letters, I've enjoyed using more text in my art. 


With InkTober behind us, I was thinking about a new project and remembered that I had another mini-journal to work in. I had made the background for the cover, and pulled out my Moonlight pens. (Uh-oh. She's pulling out colored pens again!) I had recently seen the newly published step-outs for Vipson, and had a fun 30 minutes of tangling. After a break, I came back and pulled out my colored pencils and maybe some other pens to finish up. When I opened the journal to inaugurate it, I saw I had already used about half of it for notes on Mindful Art Studio's Slow Drawing and Painting class! No mistakes, only surprises!!!


I took advantage of my "misstart" to review LunarFlux, from the first day of InkTober. I had misunderstood the step-out, and wanted to get this lovely tangle under my belt.


As I drew this soothing LunarFlux tile, a favorite quote from Kurt Vonnegut came to mind:


"When things are going sweetly and peacefully, please pause a moment, and then say out loud, 'If this isn't nice, what is?'"

This morning's meditation focused on gratitude for the mundane, and this phrase rang out:


Savor the preciousness of life.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!