Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Friday, December 3, 2021

Don't Miss It!

My last post, Inviting Inspiration, seems to have gone unheeded in my creative life!

Maybe I forgot to invite her. Maybe she was busy. Maybe I was too busy to answer the door....

Whatever the reason, I've been through something of a dry stretch in the past few weeks. This morning, I had an "aha" moment. I realized I had drunk more than half of my coffee without really enjoying it. (NB: My morning coffee is one of the many highlights of my day!) Worse yet, I realized I had less than half of it left to enjoy. I had been scrolling on my phone, and fallen into a rabbit hole, albeit a lovely Zentangle one.

To the drawing table for another "Note to Self" tile! Luckily, the "note" was already on my desk. "Be happy in this moment. This moment is your life."


I used my new gray Micron pens. I had an unexpected
opportunity when the pen picked up some pigment and
made a pink mark. I added more colored
 strokes to the background to make it blend in :)

Other goings on:


Some notes on Mucha elements


A journal page that began with some 
slow painting and ended up with tangling.


Inspired by 7F5R. I wanted to explore personalized 
tiles for Christmas gifts. The green and blue tile
 was too dark, so I tried another one in white.
 When I came to the center square, I made
 it a window that looks into the sky.
 (I love looking out the window 
in my studio to see the sky. 
It's right up there with my morning coffee!)

Life is moments. I hope that we'll all be more mindful. Have you missed any today?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!