Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, June 19, 2022

How do you handle heatwaves?

My neighbor, unlike me, loves the heat. I have always withered in the heat and humidity of North Carolina, and, in the 50 years I've lived here, I've never acclimated. Mosquitoes adore me. And I'm at the age where I've finally come to understand what happens to my skin in the sun. So when it's hot, as it has been this past week, I get out early and try to get back in before 11.

Tangling inside has been a great escape! I pulled out some previously colored tiles, from April 2020, when I scratched my cornea and couldn't see well enough to tangle. "Dropping" watercolors and pigments became a favorite stress reliever. I used my Alhambra string stencil for the last two tiles.





In my small journal, I played with using color with white space. (I tend to overdo it sometimes with the color!)


The drawing practically fell out of my pen, and then stopped, so I picked up my paintbrush and continued from there! 


Thinking about borders, I first applied the pigments, then tangled, using the color as my string.


Needs three little birds.

Happy Father's Day, and happy summer solstice!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!