Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

My 3-day Getaway

I turned 63 earlier this week and celebrated by going to a fairly remote and rustic cabin in the mountains with Lar. Not a lot of art happened, but we did s l o w   d o w n. I especially enjoyed being on the crest of the Blue Ridge, where we had unobstructed views of the valleys, sunsets and sunrises and the darkest night sky I've seen in years. I felt spoiled.


When we returned,lots of "stuff" needed our attention, and I started to get anxious about whether or not I would get things done and see any resolution in ongoing tasks. That feeling of "hitting the ground running" prevailed. I won't lie and say that I finally beat it, but I did manage to take some deep breaths and let go of things I can't control. At least, momentarily! This quote stroke home!

"Imperfect, limited, and vulnerable as I am,
the sun still shines upon me, things do
work out, food appears, rain falls, wonderful 
conversations take place, and the grass
grows without any help from me."
--Dharmavidya David Brazier

And so I made some art.






I hope you can slow down, too, this week, and make some art. It doesn't have to be perfect. Neither do you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!